Here are a couple prayer requests I have as we our launching into our last full week of ministry in London (crazy how time flies!). This week the schedule is purposefully pretty open so that we can follow-up with students we have met on campus from the past 2 weeks. Pray that I would have great conversations and interactions while on campus and while hanging out with students. Wednesday night we are inviting people we've met over to "show a film" (the British way of saying "watch a movie"). Thursday night is our last weekly social where we cook dinner and open up our flat to students. Pray that on these two nights, students would see the love my team has for one another and that this community would look different. I think community can speak loudly of Christ's love because of the unique way Christians are able to love eachother despite differences and despite circumstances...because (as Paul says) "Christ's love compels us..." I feel like I've experienced that first-hand during this summer project. For example, it might sound silly but for 10 girls to still love eachother well in a stifling hot flat during a London heat wave pointed to Jesus and how we can treat eachother with love and grace because He did first (1 John 4:19 talks about this). Small example, but I saw love put into action over the course of those uncomfortable days.
Thanks for your prayers. I feel so blessed by the support back home in the states. Ya'll are so wonderful!
P.S.-- During that heat wave...we jokingly nicknamed our flat: "BuckingHOT Palace." :)
P.S.S.--Exciting story: Went back to the eye hospital this morning for a follow-up...and the doctor looked at my eyes with the microscope-thingy and saw that there was an eyelash deep in there that was apparently contributing to the scratching of my cornea...which was causing the discomfort! Not sure if that was the
only reason my eye has been having issues--but it certainly was a huge part. So she removed it and its felt so much better today. Yay!
 |
| View from our flat's balcony this evening! |
No comments:
Post a Comment