It's funny because when people hear I went to London, they immediately ask if I saw the "big sights" (you know...Big Ben, the London Eye, Buckingham, etc.). I naturally begin to answer and expand about how truly wonderful each sight was. But what leaves me with a weird feeling is that the sites of London are not what has stuck with me. That's not what I think of when I think back to the wonderful month I spent there...on the 7th floor of a flat in central London...going out and telling university students about the hope of Jesus. I think of the people I encountered. And saw. And bumped into. And asked directions from. And smiled at. So many faces float across my mind sometimes as I think back to my time in that wonderful city and all I can do is lift those people and those names I remember up to the Lord.
Our project director showed us this video on our banquet night at the end of our month. I want to share it with you because I think it shows the city I called home for a month the way I see it. As a moving, thriving, bustling, lost city full of all kinds of people. [The video has a unique/artsy style--it was all shot from London buses with a handheld camera].
London Bus Tour from moritz oberholzer on Vimeo.
No comments:
Post a Comment