Today is a monumental day, of sorts. It is tax day...which (thanks to Mom & Dad) doesn't instill the dread and annoyance that I'm sure it will in the coming years. It is also my roommate Katie's birthday! So glad she's in my life and am so thankful for the wonderful memories we have together. But April 15 is also a month away from when I'm planned to depart for London. I honestly can't believe its actually happening. It hits me at random times throughout the day that the Lord has literally paved the way for me to go serve Him in this way. I felt a tug on my heart to go to Europe and so I spent months staring at Google and typing in things like "Europe mission trips...summer ministry abroad in Europe...short-term missions trips to Europe..." I checked out a lot of different avenues and thought and prayed through different organizations. I remember perusing the Campus Crusade Summer Project website and being blown away by how the London trip would be perfect for my summer schedule and the things that had been on my heart recently. And doors opened like crazy. So here I sit. 1 month out from the adventure of a lifetime.
A friend encouraged me with this Scripture recently and I love it...especially as I think about sharing the Gospel with people I've never met or seen half-way across the world:
"Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Be wise in the way you act towards outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone." --Colossians 4:2-6
No comments:
Post a Comment